Flipping the Classroom: A Two-Day Faculty Workshop
January 15-16, 2015
In this workshop, you'll develop a plan to flip a class in one of your courses. You'll explore ways to make material available outside of class, brainstorm activities you can do during class time, and design processes to connect in- and out-of-class materials to ensure students are learning.
- Explore concrete strategies for “flipping” courses.
- Build a community of faculty members engaging with “flipping” pedagogy.
- Consider pedagogical strategies for teaching with an iPad or other tool.
- Explore techniques for exposing students to content before class.
- Identify in-class activities that facilitate learning.
- Select methods that reach diverse learners and improve student learning.
- Develop an individual plan for “flipping” in an upcoming course.
Participation is by application only, and is open to all faculty. Space is limited to 20 participants.The application deadline is January 9th; applicants will be notified of acceptance by January 13th.
Completed applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com or campus mail to: Center for Teaching Excellence, 420 CCC.