Flipping the Classroom: A Faculty Workshop
January 22, 2016
In this workshop, you'll develop a plan to flip a class in one of your courses. You'll explore ways to make material available outside of class, brainstorm activities you can do during class time, and design processes to connect in- and out-of-class materials to ensure students are learning.
- Explore concrete strategies for “flipping” courses.
- Build a community of faculty members engaging with “flipping” pedagogy.
- Consider pedagogical strategies for teaching in a flipped classroom.
- Explore techniques for exposing students to content before class.
- Identify in-class activities that facilitate learning.
- Select methods that reach diverse learners and improve student learning.
- Develop an individual plan for “flipping” a class in an upcoming course.
Participation is by application only, and is open to all faculty. Space is limited to 20 participants.The application deadline is January 8th; applicants will be notified of acceptance by January 13th.
Having trouble with the online application? Contact Amy Godert at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.