Flipping the Classroom: A Half-Day Faculty Workshop
In this half-day workshop on flipping the classroom, join with faculty from across the university in an effort to reimagine your teaching. Learn techniques and technologies to expose students to course content before they come to class, and explore individual and group activities to use inside your classroom.
The Flipping the Classroom workshop will be offered on January 17, 2014, as part of our Annual Celebration of Teaching Excellence.
- Explore concrete strategies for “flipping” courses.
- Build a community of faculty members engaging with “flipping” pedagogy.
- Consider pedagogical strategies for teaching with an iPad or other tool.
- Explore techniques for exposing students to content before class
- Identify in-class activities that facilitate learning
- Select methods that reach diverse learners and improve student learning.
- Develop an individual plan for “flipping” in an upcoming course.
Application deadline: December 9, 2013. Participation is limited to 20 faculty particIpants (tenured, tenure-track, and lecturers). Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by December 13, 2013. Application materials can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via campus mail to: Center for Teaching Excellence, 420 CCC.