Flipping the Classroom: A Faculty Workshop
In this workshop, you'll develop a plan to flip a class in one of your courses. You'll explore ways to make material available outside of class, brainstorm activities you can do during class time, and design processes to connect in- and out-of-class materials to ensure students are learning.
- Explore concrete strategies for “flipping” courses.
- Build a community of faculty members engaging with “flipping” pedagogy.
- Consider pedagogical strategies for teaching in a flipped classroom.
- Explore techniques for exposing students to content before class.
- Identify in-class activities that facilitate learning.
- Select methods that reach diverse learners and improve student learning.
- Develop an individual plan for “flipping” a class in an upcoming course.
Participation is by application only, and is open to all faculty. Space is limited to 20 participants.
Having trouble with the online application? Contact Amy Godert at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Please note that there may be photographers from the Center for Teaching Excellence at this event. The photos may appear on the CTE website or on our Twitter page. Contact CornellCTE@cornell.edu if you do not wish to be photographed. Thank you.